Sunglasses to Flatter Your Face Shape
The primary function of sunglasses is to shield your eyes and to protect them from injury. In addition to this, it also acts as a major accent for your outfit. It adds glamour to your look. But, as always there is a “Conditions Apply”. Sunglasses are available in varied styles, shapes and shades. The trick is to wear a shape or type that flatters your face shape or else you may end up looking like a housefly.
If you’re having difficulty selecting a pair of sunglasses for yourself, you can check out the list of sunglasses that flatter different face shapes.
Before we discuss face shapes and sunglasses, there are a few general guidelines we would like to touch upon. They include:
- The frame size should never contrast your face size. Smaller frames look better for small face cuts while larger frames suit persons with a large, broad face.
- The frame shape always contrasts the face shape.
- At times the face shape does not fit in a particular category; it is often a combination of different angles and shapes. In such conditions, it is best to choose a shape and size that flatters a particular feature.
- It is better to select glasses made of durable materials and those resistant to damage and scratches if you will be using it on a daily use.
- Sunglasses are also available in different materials, metal, fiberglass or plastic.
- Color is another aspect to factor in when buying a pair of sunglasses.
1. Oval Face
An oval shaped face allows you the freedom to choose any style as it has balanced proportions. In an oval face, the chin is only slightly narrower than the cheekbones and forehead. The near perfect alignment gives you a chance to experiment with a variety of styles, shapes and colors. However, if you have smaller facial features opt for a smaller pair.